Friday, April 8, 2011

Archive 12: The Hinterlands, part 2

After my rest and rconnasance with Marge and Teddy in Happenstance, I set out one night, just as they said I should.  They said if I travelled by night, I would not get as thirsty and my water would last longer.  Also, any gigantuous hawks in the desert only hunt by day.  Sand is hard to walk in, harder than snow because it weighs more.  I wished someone had invented sandshoes!
 
After walking a couple of hours, I found a rock to climb on to take a break.  I could see a very long way and things looked pretty quiet.  There were stars and a bright moon overhead.  There were no birds of any kind.  Every once in while, I heard something clittering through the sand and knew a dreaded scorpion with its shell had passed by.  Shhhh sounds were snakes.    I wondered where other furry creatures were, thinking it would be nice to see something that looked familiar.  About that time I heard a sound from far away:  ooooooooooowwwllllllllll, oooooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllll. 
 
To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment