Saturday, December 28, 2013

Settling Down

Dear Friends,

Thank you for all your well-wishes in recent weeks.  It has been a rough time for the PM, yours truly, and all kind thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

This year has been a rough year and I'm glad next year starts off with some changes.  The job I am leaving has been good in a number of ways over the years, but anything can go sour, and so did this.  I feel blessed that I found a job in the same field and two of my co-workers have also accepted positions there.  I feel especially blessed that on the day a client killed himself (which could have been a train wreck for my career), some of the most high ups at the government agency which funds us decided to entrust me to continue working with my clients.  She has given permission for them to transfer to my new job as well.

The thing about my client is especially hard; when you work in mental health, you know this could happen to someone you work with and prepare for it.  I do not take any responsibility for the action, and the investigation shows I did everything I should have. However, having come uncomfortably close to suicide myself once or twice, it does have an emotional impact for me that it probably does not for other people.

Combined with the death of my father, the fatigue from my fibromyalgia and sleep apnea and the 'eustresses' of two marriages in my family, this second half of the year has been tumultuous.  Part of the reason I have not been posting as much here.

Hopefully things will settle down in the  new year and we will be dreaming up fun activities for all friends and associates of the Realm in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment